Commitment to our customers safety
Before, during and after every event, your safety is our top priority. Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a complicated and fluid situation, and we continue to work closely with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Local Health Departments and U.S. Department of State and public health officials on the latest developments.
Having information on our response is a critical step in giving you peace of mind during your event. Here’s what we’re doing to ensure your safe with us:
Our Event Service
- All catering equipment at events have undergone additional sanitation and disinfection procedures:
- All tableware, dishes, cutlery and glassware are being sanitized/disinfected before washing.
- All unused inbound supplies are being discarded.
- All linens and napkins ordered through Gils Elegant Catering are undergoing additional sanitization procedures
- All catering equipment, including carts, chaffers and utensils, are being sanitized separately.
- Our waitstaff follow our “Stop and Wash” procedures which increase handwashing three-fold.
- Our waitstaff have received CDC guided training to include the following techniques to decrease the spread of COVID-19 and other illnesses to include the following;
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry
- If our Clients choose, our waitstaff will wear black hospital gloves in addition to the procedures listed above during food and bar service.
- Our cleaning practices have always met or exceeded all Health Department sanitation standards. We have a structured cleaning and sanitizing regimen and our kitchens are cleaned regularly with a CDC-approved disinfectant.
- We are enhancing our cleaning procedures in our kitchens prior to beginning the work day. This move, which will touch the majority of our kitchen surfaces and equipment used each day, includes a more thorough cleaning of all communal use equipment.
- We’re provisioning hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes for crew members in all departments, including service, culinary, front office, and stewarding.
- We have increased our hand-washing practices to include a “stop and wash” initiative where all employees, regardless of prior handwashing, stop and wash hands every 30 minutes throughout the work day, followed by sanitizing each individual work station.
We at Gil’s Elegant Catering always do everything we can to keep our customers safe and healthy.
We do this “Because We Care”
General Manager and Executive Chef
Email me with any additional concerns, questions or comments