Wed, 11 Mar 2020 17:22:23 +0000 en-US
Fri, 27 Mar 2020 16:47:46 +0000
Using Edible Flowers In Your Catering appeared first on Gil's Elegant Catering.]]>
Dallas Wedding CatererEdible flowers are the food decor of the hour, right now! Edible flowers are a unique way to dress up your drinks, food, and even some of your main plates. As your favorite Dallas wedding caterer wanted to highlight edible flowers and the different uses that they can have for you. Using edible flowers on your wedding cake is a beautiful and traditional way to use them! You can decorate it with a few to a lot. They look phenomenal on a naked cake because they become one of the highlights of the cake. The difference with using edible flowers compared to non-edible or even fondant flowers is that, depending on the flavors of your cake, it can elevate this flavor profile! No one will have to pick these off or be worried about eating some of it because they can. Have a signature drink menu? Add some edible flowers in as a garnish to each drink! Just a flower or two will take the drink from just a drink to an experience. You can also use edible flowers within your main dishes, as well. Adding them to the side of a meat dish will up the look of how the food is being served. Adding some springs of rosemary, or something similar on top of the food, will not only elevate the style, but also the taste! Lastly, you can use this floral trend on top of other desserts, too! Using florals like lavender, dandelions, or chamomile will add an edge to the flavor and the look of each dessert that you present to your guests! These florals will make your desserts, like cookies, look even better without doing much! Adding edible flowers just gives them a new dynamic that goes from dessert to experience. We would love to be your choice caterer! Contact us today to get the conversation started! The post Using Edible Flowers In Your Catering appeared first on Gil's Elegant Catering.]]>
Wed, 11 Mar 2020 16:42:04 +0000
Unique Table Settings appeared first on Gil's Elegant Catering.]]>
Gil’s Elegant CateringYou have our catering services squared away for your upcoming wedding and you’re so excited to be serving Gil’s Elegant Catering on your big day! Next up, you’ll want to make sure to complement our catering with beautiful and unique place settings! Here’s a few ideas that we have been loving this year. One idea that we’ve seen and love is using butcher paper instead of a traditional placemat. This adds a rustic, DIY feel to your wedding that is unique and fun! You can use a color or you can use a neutral color, like a brown or an off-white. If you do it right, this will bring a fun charm to your reception. Something else that will elevate your place settings is using gold utensils instead of silver! This is a unique and bold option that will make your tables have even more elegance. Everyone will love this choice and be talking about how great of a choice it was. For decor around your place settings or on top of your menu, use precious stones! You can use quartz, clear, rose, or any other color depending on your color scheme. Other than quartz, there are so many affordable precious stones that will add that pop to your table settings, too. It will be a unique place setting that you most likely won’t see again. Lastly, if you love the eclectic vibe, use mismatch plates. You can easily find beautiful mismatch plates at a vintage or antique store for a great price! Don’t be afraid to ask family members that you’re close to if they have any that you can borrow, too! No matter how you decide to set up your place settings, we are so excited to be your caterer! Take a look at our menus page to see which type of catering best suits you! The post Unique Table Settings appeared first on Gil's Elegant Catering.]]>
Thu, 20 Feb 2020 15:18:40 +0000 http://gilselegantcatering.com/?p=1860 Vendor Spotlight: The Empire Room appeared first on Gil's Elegant Catering.]]>
DFW Venue CateringDid you know that Gil’s Elegant Catering is the exclusive caterer of The Empire Room Dallas? We love being able to be a favorite in DFW venue catering, and we love getting to work so closely with the best venues in Dallas! We wanted to do a Vendor Spotlight in order to tell you more about The Empire Room and why we love working with their team so much! The Empire Room has one of the best locations of any venue in the Dallas area. Located in the middle of the Design District, they have the most stunning views of the Dallas skyline from their large patio area! This venue is perfect for a late spring and summer so that you can have an indoor/outdoor wedding! On the inside, the venue is a perfect blank canvas! With an industrial vibe, white walls, and high ceilings, the inside of The Empire Room has the perfect amount of versatility to make it whatever you want it to be! If you are a minimalist, the space is already ready for that style. If you have always dreamed of having a luxurious wedding, The Empire Room is perfect for this, as well! It is truly the perfect venue for any event, whether you are getting married, have a large corporate event, or even want to have a car show! On top of all of this, we are the caterer! We would love to work with you on your upcoming event and we know that The Empire Room will too. Overall, The Empire Room has all of the perks and is a phenomenal venue to have your wedding or event at. Want to learn more about their Dallas venue for your upcoming event? Take a look at their website or contact us to learn more! The post Vendor Spotlight: The Empire Room appeared first on Gil's Elegant Catering. ]> http://gilselegantcatering.com/types-of-catering/ Mon, 10 Feb 2020 17:39:30 +0000 http://gilselegantcatering.com/?p=1858 Types of Catering appeared first on Gil's Elegant Catering. ]>
Fort Worth Event CateringGil’s Elegant Catering offers multiple catering options so that you get the best catering for your event! As the best in Fort Worth event catering, we wanted to explain what each type of catering option is! There is no one size fits all option, so you’ll need to choose which option is best for you. We’re here to help you out with this.
- Do you like the idea of having a buffet at your wedding or event? The perks of having a buffet are that people get to serve themselves and get the correct serving size per person. Not only do they get to choose how much food goes on their plates, but they will get to choose exactly what is on their plates! This is a great option if you are catering to food allergies.
- For a more formal setting, choose a seated catering option! This is a restaurant-style option that allows guests to stay seated at their tables while they are served. Typically, with this option, you will have had your guests choose the plate they will receive when they RSVP to your event or wedding.
- If you are not looking to do a full meal at your event, choose the option of hors d’oeuvres and passed canapes. This is smaller bites, rather than a full meal. This is a great way to cut costs or even if you want to add some passed options to our other catering types before the main courses are served!
- Lastly, family style is always an option, too! This option is a mix between our buffet and seated options. It is like a mini buffet at each guest’s tables where they will serve themselves the food.
2020 Wedding Food Trends appeared first on Gil's Elegant Catering. ]>
Dallas Wedding CatererNow that it is 2020, new food trends for weddings are popping up. Whether you treat your guests to colorful food, worldly cuisine, or twists on classic favorites, everyone will love these fun and delicious options. As your favorite Dallas Wedding Caterer, we wanted to share our favorite 2020 trends with you.
- Colorful food is very in for 2020! One idea for this trend is going with a dessert that has lots of different colors, like a tart. You can also go for a buffet with lots of different colors of vegetables. Colorful food just looks better which makes people fully believe it tastes better, too. Not only this, but it will keep every part of your wedding truly beautiful and full of color.
- Family style meals are also becoming a trend again. If you’re doing a sit down, plated dinner consider a family style option! This means that rather than serving each individual plate, everything is on platters at each table for people to choose.
- Fusion food is another trend that is coming to the wedding world. We have been seeing fusion as a food trend for a few years now, but it is beginning to make its appearance in weddings now! This is a great option for the more adventurous foodie couple!
- Lastly, gourmet twists on classic favorites is all the rage this year! Adult grilled cheeses with fancy cheese and vegetables can be expected. Another great example of this are grilled sliders that your parents used to make. Amped up, these might have aioli and grilled chicken on them instead of mayo and lunch meat. There are so many classics that you could put a twist on that you and your guests will love.
Healthy Catering Options appeared first on Gil's Elegant Catering. ]>
Gil’s Elegant CateringTrying to figure out what healthy options you should have at your wedding or corporate event? Gil’s Elegant Catering has a few ideas for you that we love!
- Make any pasta dish a little bit healthier by opting for quinoa or a vegetable base. This will save carbs and calories while still tasting amazing! This is such a simple way to make a classic dish a little bit healthier for your wedding or event.
- Have a full salad bar! This sounds like it would not be filling, but when a salad is made properly, it can be and is filling. Rather than doing a buffet with a small salad option, ask about doing just a salad buffet. This can be a salad with he options of grille meats, beans, corn, quinoa, and anything else that will make a salad a full meal.
- Another healthy option for catering is choosing salmon or another fish that is amazing grilled. Pair this with some grilled vegetables and rice or quinoa and you have the perfect healthy dish! For the people who don’t love fish that is too “fishy,” have the option of shrimp!
- Lastly, you can do a buffet that gives people the option of how healthy or not healthy they want their meal to be, like a fajita buffet. Some people will get corn tortillas with grilled chicken and vegetables. Others will get the same, but with a flour tortilla and cheese! An option like this type of buffet allows people to choose how healthy their meal is and doesn’t make anyone feel like they are being forced to just eat a salad.
A New Years Wedding appeared first on Gil's Elegant Catering. ]>
Favorite Dallas CatererWhat do you need from your favorite Dallas caterer for your New Years Eve wedding? We’ve got the best tips on food, snacks, and drinks for your NYE wedding!
- First off, make sure that you have plenty of champagne! You’ll want to make a toast after the speeches, as well as, at midnight! You’ll want to be sure that you have enough for all of your guests both times, and maybe even some in between those times!
- A night like New Year’s Eve calls for a nice, plated dinner! Treat your guests like royalty on this special night and do a multi-course meal! They will love celebrating you and having amazing food while ringing in the new year! A multi-course meal will also keep them full for the night of partying ahead.
- Keep the snacking going all night with hors d’oeuvres! A NYE wedding will most likely be a few hours longer than your typical wedding, so keep guests full and happy all night by providing finger foods! This will help them to keep dancing and celebrating until the clock hits midnight.
- Plan on providing desserts other than just cake, as well! Have a candy bar for guests to go back and forth to, cookies, and everything in between! Guests will love easy to eat desserts that they will be able to grab and go right back onto the dance floor with.
What’s the Best Time of Day to Have Your Wedding? appeared first on Gil's Elegant Catering. ]>
Dallas Elegant CateringAre you trying to figure out which time of the day is best for your wedding? Each time of the day brings different pros and cons in every aspect, but we wanted to share with you the best reasons for each time of day from the catering’s point of view! Yes, this means based on food! Dallas’ Gil’s Elegant Catering is here to tell you why we love each time of day. Morning
- Choosing a morning wedding allows for breakfast food! Have a waffle bar or if you don’t want to serve a full meal, go for an assortment of pastries and fruits! Morning wedding meals can be as simple or as complicated as you want the food to be.
- For an afternoon wedding, you can go a couple of ways. It is truly the best of both worlds when it comes to food! You can either go a brunch route and stick to more breakfast foods, or you can go a more traditional wedding meal route. This could include a full, multi-course meal or just hors d’oeuvres and finger foods.
- For an evening wedding, you can do a buffet, finger foods, or a full on seated meal! An evening wedding is definitely the time of day that is best for a fancy, multi-course meal. Guests will be expecting it most at this time of day, but don’t feel the pressure to necessarily provide that.
Thanksgiving Inspired Catering appeared first on Gil's Elegant Catering. ]>
Choice Dallas CatererNow that its November, it is officially Thanksgiving season. And what is everyone’s favorite part about Thanksgiving? The food! If you love Thanksgiving food as much as we do, have it inspire the catering for your November wedding. There are so many ways to go about this, whether it be through the main course, the sides, the dessert, or any other part of the meal! As your choice Dallas caterer, we wanted to share a couple of our favorite ways to have Thanksgiving inspire your wedding meal.
- If the main course of Thanksgiving is your favorite, go for a turkey or ham. Your sides won’t even need to fit the Thanksgiving theme at this point because you will have already set the precedent!
- Are you all about the sides on Thanksgiving day? For your sides, go with the classics. Roasted carrots, mashed potatoes, gravy, and the likes are all great options to do this with. Don’t forget the rolls, either! Everyone loves the Thanksgiving sides, so serve them up a little holiday action on your wedding day.
- For desserts, check out our most recent blog, The Best Fall Desserts, for the full rundown of Thanksgiving and fall inspired sweet treats! You can go with desserts like your favorite pie, no matter what the flavor! You can also go with breads, like banana or pumpkin bread.
- Lastly, have your drinks mimic the season! Have your signature cocktail be a spiked apple cider. It will make everyone very happy that it is November. You can check out one of our past blogs on fall drinks for more inspiration on your wedding cocktails!
The Best Fall Desserts appeared first on Gil's Elegant Catering.
DFW Event Catering
- Desserts are great because they are a year round treat! There are no rules telling you what desserts you can have throughout the year. You can have ice cream in December, pie in July, and so on. What you can do though, is fit the desserts to the season because certain desserts just fit with certain times of year! This will help guests to appreciate the time of your wedding coupled with your dessert choices. As your favorite in DFW event catering, we wanted to tell you what desserts fit the fall season.
- Since it is reminiscent of Thanksgiving, pie is the perfect fall dessert. It is filling, but not too much which makes it a perfect dessert to have pre-dancing at a wedding! One of the best things about it is that pie can be served at nearly any temperature and still be perfect. Whether you do fruit pies, pecan, or pumpkin, this will be a guest favorite.
- For cake, go with a hearty cake, like carrot cake or a dark chocolate cake! This will feel warmer since they are more dense in flavor. Chilly fall weather is the perfect time for the dense cakes!
- Speaking of dense desserts, go with some breads! Everyone love pumpkin and banana bread, so give your guests some of these to enjoy as a dessert. Since it’s fall, these can be had at any point during the day – whether your wedding is an evening wedding or a brunch wedding!