Independence Day is this weekend, and we’re sure you’ve got big plans to let freedom ring! It’s no surprise that we, as a top DFW caterer, believe food is at the heart of any big celebration. There’s no better means of bringing people together than a table. And July 4th comes with some delicious standards we love all year round! Whether you’re flipping burgers and turning hot dogs, or dishing out cobbler and ice cream, consider adding a few of our summertime favorites to your Independence Day menu:
- Burgers: of course, you can’t go wrong with the quintessential backyard burger. Opt for a kid (and adult!)-friendly alternative with bite-sized sliders that taste delicious and make a great presentation.
- Hot Dogs: another fresh-off-the-grill favorite, hot dogs are an American classic kids of all ages are sure to love. Consider making this traditional Independence Day entree the big focus with a self-serve hot dog bar, complete with all the condiments and trappings.
- Ice Cream: what would a July 4th holiday be without a serving of bluebell? Wow your guests with a warm toasted cobbler to accompany a la carte servings of your vanilla bean dessert.
- Caprese Salad: the perfect summertime appetizer for grown-ups, a caprese salad makes for a tasty (and colorfully festive) intro to the perfect menu. Looking for a twist? Bring the classic summertime watermelon into play. Watermelon and feta cheese salads are easy to whip up, and the perfect light bite for a hot summer evening.
- Corn on the Cob: albeit a slightly messy dish, corn on the cob is a long-time favorite on long summer days. Spice yours up by taking a cue from elotes… add a spritz of lime juice, a dash of chili powder, and a sprinkle of cojita cheese for impressive flavor.
- Cocktails: finally, don’t forget a summery cocktail to accompany your menu. Keep it easy (so you can refill without any hassle), and make ahead of time if possible. Look for light drinks with crisp texture, bubbly sips, and fruity flavor. Don’t forget lemonade for the kiddos!
If you’re cooking up the perfect backyard menu, be sure to download a PDF our free 4th of July printable signs right here. These easy-peasy décor items will fit in 5×7 frames so you can customize them to your taste. Enjoy your July 4th festivities, and have a fun (and safe) holiday! Three cheers for the red, white, and blue.